Monday, February 8, 2010

The Numbers Game

So every Monday is my offical weigh in...ugh! This morning not so impressed...I lost a pound, one, uno, un seul...you get the point. BUT on my defensive, my husband took me out to dinner Saturday for my birthday, and then yesterday being the Super Bowl Im ok with one pound gone. Would I have liked to loose more? Of course! But its better then nothing.


This is all just a game, depending on how many calories you eat, burn, gain...depends on your outcome! Here is a little example. Saturday I had Macaroni Grill for dinner, so yummy of course. So I went with the thought of just enjoy myself, its my birthday and I have to enjoy it! Ok so I had Chicken Parm., then my dear husband had them sing to me, they also brought me a HUGE piece of chocolate cake, covered in melted chocolate and nuts...sooo yummy. So I only ate HALF of both. All I ate all day was some samples at costco and pb toast so that I could enjoy my dinner. So my plan was come home workout and burn about 300 calories. Well, instead, I came home and wanted to know how many calories I just ate. Chicken Parm, 1450! Good thing I only ate half....Chocolate dessert 1500!!! Thanks hubby for splitting this one with me. I chose not to work out I was tired and exhausted from being out and about all day...Dinner was still under 2000 calories so I didn't worry about it. Sunday morning...got on the scale, 2 lbs gone! WHAT! I just ate almost 2000 calories in one meal and my body decided to LOOSE weight! We can sit here and crunch numbers all day...but in the end our body makes the decission what to do! I had about 2000 calories in a day, which even when Im not on a diet, I can never eat that much, so my body has a hard time loosing when it isn't getting much! Its not rocket science thanks goodness...so now I know...eat a little more burn the same, better outcome.

I think its important we learn what works for OUR bodies, what works for me won't work for you. My body loves that Im drinking tons of water and eating healthier smaller portions...it also loves that I still live a little, Im not giving up everything, Im enjoying things I love in smaller portions.

Here are my numbers that are so hard to admit....Its hard to put myself out there like this..


weight-155 lbs
height-5 ft (Im a shorty)

waist-36 inches (same as my husband...sad for me)
left arm- 12 inches
right arm-12.5 inches

left thigh- 21.5 inches
right thigh-21 inches

left calf-15.5 inches
right calf-15 inches

I feel gross! Ugh, same waist as my husband...but every monday, I will post my measurements...I hope I see a change quicker with these numbers then I am with my weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment