Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Can Do This!

So after a woe is me day yesterday Im feeling a little better. I will admit I didn't eat a single thing all day till my dear husband took me to Subway...that footlong didn't last long! Those veggies and meat tasted so good. So Im back to where I need to be mentally. Today Im emotional due to my husband leaving for PA this morning. I should be excited to have a big bed to myself, to not be woken up by snoring, or someone yanking the pillow from under neither my head, to have more then 24 hours to do whatever I want....I can watch the tv shows I want, exercise, get the house clean, run around and do literally whatever till I pick him up tomorrow night! BUT instead I miss him. Ive spent hours crying this morning and trying not to think about it. But everytime our little one does something he shouldn't I break out in tears again thinking you wouldn't do that if daddy was here. I was supposed to work this morning and was looking forward to getting my mind off of everything but she texted me and said she only works a few hours and to take the day off. Im happy about having time to relax at home but working was going to help me get thru the day....Now I don't have any plans till about 5 today and I can't control my tears! Nap time is the only thing I have to look forward to...and thats a few hours away!

Enough of my emotional mood! The other day I was driving behind a cop and was shocked by the little license plate do dad thing...it said something like...Sandy, the city of healthy people....I guess didn't get the memo! Ok so I live in Utah, where everyone loves sports and you see about a million joggers every morning. People ski, snowboard, there is marathons, 5/10k's constantly, hike, bike, you name it, its done here in Utah. Im learning to enjoy the outdoors but Im from Cleveland. The land of keep your mouth closed and don't piss anyone off. The land of going out to eat to be with friends...don't exercise unless your rich and can afford a gym membership...blah blah blah. My husband is from Utah and he is more outdoorsy then me, but Ive learned that I LOVE to hike thru the mountains. I love the fresh air, and seeing new things. Im excited to become one of those joggers...one of those marathon runners. I look forward to these things. Thats why Im doing this. I have soooo many goals for myself, and I want to teach my son, and future children, that if you put your mind to something no matter what it is, work hard, and have faith and you can achieve it. I want to run a marathon by the time Im 30...6 years to go! I want to do a 5k this summer, a 10k is even a possibility. I want to hike to the top of Mt Timpanogos...bottom to top...a total of 7 miles. Ive done the 3 mile and HOLY CRAP!!!! I want to run a few miles every morning. I want to be healthy and happy. I want to be an example for my children. I don't want to be the over weight mom that can't keep up, I don't want to make excuses for not being able to chase them..I want to give them and myself the picture perfect life. I know its possible, Im still young, I have faith that I can meet all of these goals plus more!! With all of this being said, my son is throwing a tantrum because his toys are making noises...I think we both need to relax right now....Sesame Street, here we come!
Im going grocery shopping today, but working out a ton to make up for missing yesterday(Id like to kick myself for yesterday). Ive decided against Atkins, Im just going to keep doing what Im doing...its paying off slowly and that means its healthier then loosing 10lbs a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment